Thursday, September 19, 2013

Today


Today is a great day!  No head or eye pain today, as long as I remember to wear my sunglasses.  I'm tired but that's manageable.   I've got wobbly legs but I'm sure that's just part of the meds keeping me pain free.  Sarah and I met for lunch, as I haven't seen her in a few days as she's housesitting for one of my brothers.  It was lovely!  We drove down to the old part of town and wandered some shops while chatting and loving the sunshine.

When we parted, I headed over to the big park in our city, Mill Lake.  I sat in a lovely shaded spot facing the lake and away from the noise to watch the ducks and geese cruising the area.  I've never just sat in a park to think, meditate, contemplate or do nothing at all.  This has got to be part of my routine now!

Today, I was contacted the pre-op clinic at RCH and have my appointments for blood work and anesthesiologist on Sept 30th.  So thankful to my amazing husband, Dwayne, for driving into the Dr office the other day.  Until he did that they still hadn't committed to a date.  The booking clerk informed me today that they had just received my paperwork this morning.  Thank you, my love, for taking such good care of me!

Also, last night a friend showed up with dinner.  An amazing friend!! The best beef borscht I've every tasted with extra long cooked bone broth (so good for our bodies) and their home grown red cabbage.  She's a fantastic cook and we were extra blessed to have dinner from her.  Thanks Connie!

Sunshine and happiness!
Diane

2 comments:

  1. So happy that you went to the park :) I told you it's lovely! Great for you to have some "Me Time"
    I love you very much!
    -Sarah xo

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sorry I haven't been in contact for a few days. I was up in the Interior doing some of my Grand Poohbah Official Visits!!

    I will be in Nanimo on the 3rd of October and Grant will be away in Montreal. My home is available for as many overnight guests as needed to be close to you the day of and the days after your surgery. My casa is your casa!!

    Love you and glad you have a date for surgery.

    xoxo Jude

    ReplyDelete