Saturday, September 14, 2013

Headaches and meds and no news, oh my!

As Friday came to a close, I had not been contacted for a surgery date, and having left a message for the neurosurgeons office, now I just need to wait.   There is still a good possibility that this Thursday could be surgery or Oct 3rd (the Dr is away on the 25th).  Patience....I'm working on it!

My medications are working well to keep the majority of my headaches away with only an occasional break-through advil/tylenol dose to fully rid my pain.  That's not bad considering I was up to 14 doses a day before my diagnosis (there will be a liver cleanse when I'm recovered!).   My nights of sleep aren't fully sound but that's been going on for months so as long as I can sleep a full 5-6 hours then I'm golden!

Last night, Dwayne and I cheered on Cam's Sr football team at the home opener.  They trounced Howe Sound at 46-6 (or something close as I lost count of all the touchdowns!).  I'd chosen proxy 'yellers' as my head was pounding and while I didn't want to miss the game, I didn't miss the hollering!!  My right eye is far more sensitive to light and is quite painful but my sunglasses (cool factor!) help keep that at bay. 

This weekend is a quiet one for us.  I'm thankful that we can just rest in the moments for a bit.  We, as a family, haven't really had a chance to just be together since all of this madness started.  Maybe tomorrow I won't even need to change into 'going-to-town' clothes!!

I hope you're out enjoying family, friends, fresh air and good times today!

Diane
xo

3 comments:

  1. It worked! Yeah! lol
    The only time I didn't write a paragraph! xo

    ReplyDelete
  2. You've been on my mind and in my prayers. Praying for headache relief and a surgery date!

    ReplyDelete