Thursday, September 5, 2013

Thankful for medication

I am so very grateful for the meds I'm on now to keep the 'marching band' out of my head (as one friend put it so well!).  Today is day 5 without a headache and I'm unsure how I managed before with such a pounding head all the time.  Oh well, just happy to be pain free for the time being!

We've received such great notes on the blog, facebook and texts.  THANK YOU to everyone for keeping us in your thoughts and prayers. While I know this is not a life threatening item, and many people face much worse things daily, this is our journey.  How it plays out is not up to me (or us) but it is up to us to be positive and accepting. 

Our kids are being super amazing and understanding (I'm sure there's a bit of doubt under the surface, but they don't let on!).  Sarah is working and has started her dance teacher training so those keep her busy!  Cam is back to school (gr 10) and is on the Junior Varsity and Varsity Football teams.  There will be lots to tell you about those as the seasons progress!  

My hubby, Dwayne, has been so wonderful and even though facing his own hectic schedule at work, his compartmentalize (is that a word??!) behavior allows him to be here and present in the evenings, unless he's traveling, like tonight!

I had a wonderful sit at the kitchen counter today with my dear friend for tea.  I've missed having time with her and, really with everyone, as life has gotten more hectic.  This is a chance to re-focus on what's important, truly important.  If you're in our neck of the woods and would like me to make you some tea, shoot me a text or get ahold of me on FB.  I'm not a good drop in's (is that a control thing Shirley?!) but I do love visits!

That's all for now.  Just a quick note about what's running in my head!

Cheers,
Diane
xo

No comments:

Post a Comment