Wednesday, October 2, 2013

Pre-admin done and time for surgery

This was from Monday and I'd forgotten to publish it while sitting at the hospital.  Oh well, here it is now!  

Another step in the 'it's this week'! Mom and I spent the morning at RCH getting acquainted with the hospital (due to lots of waiting!).

Got lots of information for Thursday and beyond.  I won't find out until Wednesday when my actual surgery will be and my patience is taking its turn being fine tuned! 

Sarah and Cam are having a tough time with logistics.  I'm the 'band leader' and the keeper of the plan, usually. This time I don't know the plan until I hear about timing. It's got us all wondering.

On Tuesday morning, as soon as they opened, I got the call from the neurologist office.  My time to show up at the hospital is 7am, Thursday.  TOMORROW!!!!  That means that I have a 9am surgery.  I'm happy to be first on the docket and get on the road to recovery.  Dwayne and the kids will accompany me to the hospital very early and then they'll stick around to wait for me to come out of recovery.  Cam has to be at a football game in Cloverdale at 2:45pm so Auntie D has graciously offered to come and get him at the hospital and get him to Lord Tweedmuir (where I believe they will have a huge win, as it's a clearly a winning day for our family!).  He likely won't see me after surgery but he just wants to be with Sarah and Dwayne while they wait.

Dwayne will update the blog and FB when I'm out of recovery and into the neuro department. Thursday night will be a rough one as they will wake me every hour to ensure I'm ok.  Friday morning will be spent sleeping.  Dwayne and the kids will stay at home on Thursday night and come in about noon on Friday.

I have no idea what the days in the hospital will be like as far as wanting visitors.  Please text (or pm on facebook) Dwayne or one of the kids if you're wanting to come and they'll let you know if it's a good time or not.  Long way to drive to be turned away at the door.  My bulldogs are good ones!

Thank you for the notes, prayers, happy and positive thoughts, pixie dust and rainbows that people are sending my (our) way.  We are so thankful for all of them!

Thank you to everyone who is providing meals for our family.  I can't tell you how much I appreciate the love and kindness you've shown us.  What a blessing!

Have a happy day everyone!!

xoxo
Di

PS Happy Birthday Charlyn Friesen!!


5 comments:

  1. I'll be thinking of you and praying. Looking forward to a good report! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Glad to hear you were able to get a much needed plan in place! Tomorrow I am sure will be a tough day for u all. Glad to hear u will be together as a family. You will be in our thoughts and prayers the moment we wake. XoxoLisa + Duane

    ReplyDelete
  3. You are in our thoughts and prayers...sending love and hugs for a speedy recovery!
    Keri & Dave

    ReplyDelete
  4. Diane, you are in my thoughts and prayers. May you have a calm sleep tonight!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks Diane! Sending you all my love and prayers! Wishing you a great sleep and all the very best tomorrow. XOXO

    ReplyDelete