Saturday, October 5, 2013

Second day post-op

Today was a tough one. I vaculate between bored, lonely and tired. Mostly with tears in between all of those phases.  I'm missing out on life, or am I?  So thankful for friends looking out for my family so that they can look out for me.   I had some visitors today, too! Sometimes I just close my eyes and listen while they talk or just sit there. I try to stay awake but I just can keep my eyes open. 

I had all of my tubing removed today. My head drain (yup, between my skull and brain) was the last and it was unbelievably painful. Shortly after that, my pretty pressure dressing 'hat' was also removed.  It's pressure dressing for a reason and now the effects on my face and incision site are being felt.  I'm not able to lay down fully now for a few days as the swelling continues and then drains. Fun stuff!!! I'm now in possession of a gorgeous 😱 10-head (rather than a forehead) with 25-30 staples in it!  Sarah has amazingly hooked me up with scarves and headbands to cover the area, thank you my girl for looking after me!

I walked a bit with the Physio yesterday and a bit with Dwayne today.  The baby steps are frustrating for me, but, I must remember I just had brain surgery!

Thank you to my family, friends, neighbors and well wishers for holding us in your hearts.  My tears and love of appreciation are not enough. Please know that I love you all!

Xo
Di

(That was a bit rambly...I blame it on the meds!!) 😜

4 comments:

  1. Aww sorry today was not such a great day for you!! Duane and I both want to come see you but are both still coughing and don't think that's a great idea. We are sending you AIR hugs to you. As I said before please let us know how we can do our part to help!!! Driving..cleaning..whatever. Keep your chin up. Your not missing out in life. You have been given the gift to keep living your life..just with a little rest first. Xoxo Lisa and Duane

    ReplyDelete
  2. Praying that tomorrow will be a better day! ((hugs))

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beforehand, it all seemed like the big issues - get the whole fruit out, hope it's not malignant, hope you sail through surgery, but it's not until you get down to the detail like this that it actually hits home what a big deal it actually is, Of course you had a bad day, it sounds horrible, you're right, you did just have brain surgery, just hang in there until it gets a bit better. Lots and lots of love to you all XXX

    ReplyDelete
  4. Praying that you feel better soon. I told your sister today that I thought you were a trooper with all the stuff that you already do so close to your surgery. Guess what, I finally figured how to follow your blog. LOL, only took me a few weeks. ;-)

    ReplyDelete