Sunday, May 31, 2015

So long May

The beginning of May (actually the end of April, my birthday) marks the "trifecta of doom" as Dwayne calls it. He has my birthday, Mother's Day and our anniversary in a 1 month period. This year was quiet as celebrating went. My birthday celebration on May 2nd  was a mini-burning woman celebration complete with a couple of tutus and head dresses for those that would wear them. A big Bonfire,  some good food and great friends! A truly low key evening with only 10 in total. Missed quite a few dear friends but they were with me in my heart :)
Mother's Day was crazy with my whole family at our home, pot luck style and splashing in the pool. It's great to look out and see the mayhem, but be able to wander away when I need to have a brain break. So lovely to celebrate the Mama's in our family!
Our anniversary, on May 23rd was our 23rd this year.  We went to a nice little restaurant in North Van and then to a local production of HMS Pinafore (a musical). Bless Dwaynes heart, he nearly fell asleep but he definitely took one for the team and did something he knew I'd love! 
May has seen our family solidify a bit more and find our strength. The sunny weather is welcome here always!
The pool is open, bring your towels and come on by!!!

Love,
Diane 
xo

1 comment:

  1. Sunshine always makes such a difference. And all your celebrations sound lovely, but most especially the splashing in the pool! Hoping your Summer goes from strength to strength XXX

    ReplyDelete