Friday, March 11, 2016

Results...

The news!

On Feb 25th I had an MRI, a usual follow-up.  Some of my instagram followers saw my before and after photos, complete with my facial flush from the Ativan.   I am very claustrophobic and really would love to be put out fully for the MRI but I'll take any drugs I can to help :)

On March 9th, I saw Dr Matishak (neurosurgeon) for my results. As we went through the slides of my brain one by one, with contrast and without.  We were pleasantly surprised.....my brain is practically PERFECT!!!


About 8 months ago, I had a small node that he was watching along with thickened scar tissue.  The nodule is GONE!  Like completely. There is still thickening scar tissue but that is to expected, as someone went in with a scalpel and a bone saw!  There's a shadow of the edema that was present and I'm not sure what that's about.  We were completely amazed!  Thanked the Dr and were told to see him in a year.  By the time we got to the elevator,  I was still in shock and Dwayne had tears in his eyes. Finally....we can breathe!!  Something we truly haven't been able to do since that fateful day in Aug 2013.

We called Sarah and told her,  Dwayne and she joked that while physically my brain may look fine, the level of crazy is still very high :)  My sister has confirmed that it's hereditary! (tied with a bow and handed down from our Mother)

Brain stuff is so difficult to deal with.  It's like a puzzle, and I seem to be missing some pieces!  My brain injury support group is very helpful in keeping me from spiralling into "I'm an idiot" "I should be able to do this" "Why can't I remember that_____(insert thing/person etc)"

These days I'm taking art therapy on Tuesdays where I'm learning to paint.  My Dad is an amazing painter, but it's not something I've ever learned. When I'm done my painting next week, maybe I'll share it.

Thank you for loving me, for loving us!!

xoxo





3 comments:

  1. Wow! Exciting Diane! Thankful!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such amazing news and I am so very happy for all of you!!!!! Sending much love from Mexico xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  3. πŸ’•πŸ’•πŸ‘πŸ‘such awesome news! Congratulations πŸ’

    ReplyDelete